The School Leadership Team (SLT) is a group of stakeholders consisting of the Principal, Assistant Principal, a PA Co-President, a United Federation of Teachers (UFT) Chapter Leader, parents, and staff, who develop educational policies for their school. They also make sure there are resources to support those policies. SLT:
- provides ongoing evaluations of a school’s educational programs and their impact on student achievement
- plays an important role in school-based decision-making
- helps to make school cultures more collaborative
The 2022-2023 SLT parent members are Michelle Felder, Jung Park, Alex Segura, and alternates Amer Jan and Takila Oku.
The SLT meets once a month. Parents are welcomed to sit in on SLT meetings and observe the proceedings, though they are not allowed to speak.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE SLT?
As an SLT member, you will:
- develop and review the school’s Comprehensive Education Plan (CEP), including annual goals and objectives
- consult with the principal in developing school-based budget and staffing plans aligned with the CEP
- assist in the evaluation and assessment of the school’s educational programs and their effect on student achievement
The SLT meets on the third Monday of every month during the school year from 4:30-6:30pm. Reimbursement for 30 hours of service is $300. The SLT position is a two-year commitment.
There are three main positions open with two alternate positions available in September. We are currently seeking nominations for the three main positions. Please contact the PA at email@example.com if you are a parent interested in lending your leadership to the SLT!