For those who have not been able to watch Mr. Sforza’s
webinar, here are some of the highlights:
- All communications will be posted on Class Dojo. If you have not, please download and install for the latest updates.
- The school will be using a new program called Exact Path, which is a tool used assess their individual learning, and tailor lessons specific to their need. For more information on the program, visit here.
- A diagnostic test will be sent out for your child to take. DO NOT help your child with the answers. The results from this assessment will help determine your child’s exact lesson plans.
- Google Meet will most likely be the platforms used by teachers to teach group lessons. In some cases, Google Classroom. Your teachers will reach out individually, and will let you know what you need to do to prepare for lessons next week.
- Daily schedules will be posted by teachers on Class Dojo. Work that is being sent home is mandatory. Parents can help with homework, (but as previously stated, please do not help them with the assessment through Exact Path).
- Families that need devices to do their work should fill out the Remote Learning Device Request to obtain devices needed to get work done: https://coronavirus.schools.nyc/RemoteLearningDevices
- If you haven’t yet done so, please get on NYC Schools Account: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learning/learn-at-home/doe-student-accounts
- The school has a new updated website: https://sites.google.com/ps99q.org/ps99/home
- If you haven’t already followed, please follow the school’s instagram account for updates. The account is: @ps99_kew_gardens_school