The PS 99 Parents’ Association is a volunteer-run organization whose aim is to facilitate parental participation, and provide support to teachers and staff with tools to help enrich our children‘s education.
We serve to act as a voice for the families, and to build a sense of community among the parents and educators. The PA Executive Board is made up of, (and is elected annually by) parents of children currently enrolled at PS 99. The board organizes events, and hosts fund raising activities to help support teachers’ wish lists and items that might not be covered by the City.
ANNUAL ACTIVITIES THAT THE PA ORGANIZES
- Teacher appreciation and teacher “wish lists”
- Picture Day
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Bake Sales
- 2nd Grade Moving Up Brunch
- 6th Grade Activities (Prom, Picnic, Yearbook, Graduation)
- Class List/Class Parents
- Local/City Government Fund Advocation
2020/2021 EXECUTIVE BOARD
- Co-Presidents: Miriam Kessler and Irina Peschan
- Vice Presidents: Michel Leroy, Kathy Bolanos, Richard Nunez-Lawrence
- Corresponding Secretary: Lisa Fu
- Recording Secretaries: Christopher Lee, Elena O’Neal
- Co-Treasurers: Jeffrey Zimmer, Juana Mock
PA GENERAL MEETINGS
The Executive Board meets once a month, and hosts General Meetings once a month for the parent membership. General Meetings are a great way to get updates on the current news, and to voice any school-related concerns you may have.
SCHOOL LEADERSHIP TEAM
The School Leadership Team (SLT) is a group of people who develop educational policies for their school. They also make sure there are resources to support those policies. SLT provides:
- Provide ongoing evaluations of a school’s educational programs and their impact on student achievement.
- Play an important role in school-based decision-making
- Help to make school cultures more collaborative
The SLT parent members are: Lisa Pepe, Sheryl Hausman, Lauren Clavin, and Gerri McDonald (alternate)
The SLT meets once a month. Parents are welcomed to sit in on SLT meetings and observe the proceedings, though they are not allowed to speak.
The PA also administers the Afterschool program, in collaboration with the school administration.